Version 8.10.0-6 firmware for the AvediaServer has been released.
This release introduces new features and resolves some issues. Please refer to the Release Notes for full details.
New Feature Highlights
- Additional platforms:
- Philips HFL5014
- AvediaPlayer 94-series Media Players
- LG LV751H
- Specify VoD server - Provide more control for the hotelier by letting them select the server they want to use and spread VoD load
- Disable checkout button - Add more flexibility and let hotels decide if they want to use this feature or not
- Scrollable VoD groups - Improve the user experience so they can navigate more than 6 genres and let hotels provide more VoD options
- Confirm button on VoD purchase - Improve user experience and clarify the purchasing process to avoid any accidental VoD purchases
- Support for LG Pro:Idiom encrypted TV channels - Required for Gateway V4.0 which adds the g4417 product (Pro:Idiom live channel support).
- Interactivity using remote control handset:
- Select a VoD asset from a predefined list to be played full screen
- Select a channel from a list to be played within a video element
- Change volume
- Change layouts
- VoD Controls
- Upload 4K video - Enable users to quickly add 4K videos content using the video element without having first to upload it through Asset Manager application
- Support for LG SM5KE - Use ArtioSign on a broader range of end points, giving users more flexibility.
- Send message to ad hoc list of room/cabins numbers
- Delete/recall of a message by the sender
- Support for Oracle Cruise PMS Mailbox
- Deploy signage and portals using RESTful (non-SNMP)
- Remove Chromecast registration - Allow an administrator to remove a Chromecast registration based on room number
- Chromecast control unpaired on checkout - Chromecast to device pairing is removed when a user checks out or moves room
If your AvediaServer is running version 7.x you need to upgrade first to version 8.1.x before upgrading to this release: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The release notes and firmware upgrade can be found in the Downloads section of the Exterity website (for registered Exterity partners with a login on our main website).