This article explains how to set the Time-to-Live for SAP announcements.
Relevant to: e23xx/e26xx/e36xx firmware version 2.2.4 and onwards.
Setting SAP TTL
The Time-To-Live (TTL) setting for SAP announcements is independent of the stream TTL settings and can be set separately, as follows:
- Using the admin/labrador username and password, log into your encoder/gateway's admin interface using either a serial connection or Telnet/SSH.
- Enter option 6 to open a shell interface.
- Type in "configwrite SAPTTL x" where x is the TTL value you want and press Enter.
- Type "exit" and then Enter to return to the admin interface.
- Select "Reboot" from the options to apply the new settings.
Once the unit reboots, the new SAP TTL will be set.
Reading SAP TTL
You can read the value that is currently set for SAP TTL (if applicable):
- Log into the encoder/gateway's admin interface using either a serial connection or Telnet/SSH. Use the admin/labrador username and password.
- Enter option 6 to open a shell interface
- Type in "configread SAPTTL" and press Enter.
If a value has been set, it is displayed.